12.18.2007

Miss Wasabi's children

Sarah Polley, the mother who dies in "My life without me" or the shy woman who left her boring life to discover new feelings with Tim Robbins and Javier Camara in "The secret life of words"... [Oich, I don't finish the sentence! It's too dificult to write in English, I'm thinking 6 months wasn't enough time to get better]. Why does "life" appear in the most Coixet's films? The other titles are:
- Things I never told you
- A los que aman
- Demasiado viejo para morir joven

Well, I'm wrong, two fims aren't the greater part*. The real matter of the post is Sarah Polley, who has directed her first international film called "Away from her" (the 28th December on cinemas). The film starring Julie Christie (Julie is 66 old, however she's so beautiful with long hair at film)is about* an ill woman who is losing her memory. I don't know anything else about the film so perhaps it'd be better to go to cinema on 28th.
I've though if I take the decision of write only in English this post, this post will have died in two weeks at most*, so if I had to write something important of funny I'd write it in Spanish, ok?
Thank you for understanding!

*Esta bien dicho the greater part? Lo veo demasiado preparado no? ¡Quiero otra alternativa más mona!
**Intuitivamente iba a poner as long en vez de at most.
***¿Se utiliza normalmente muy frecuentemente el who, what, which?


10 comentarios:

Warman dijo...

Will this movie be in (almost) all cinemas? Because I'm tired of traveling to BCN every time I want to watch a good film...I guess I'll
have to go to Icaria Cinemas...It looks good, I'll wait for the El Pais description of the film :)


I'll begin with the last*

Which, What and Who are like quando, qué, and quien. Try to imagine a converssation in spanish or catalan eithout those words. Yes, it's almost impossible!
The greatest thing about english is that is really similar to Spanish, or French (latin derivated languages).

Mh...You said the greater part. Was you talking about how goot they was, or just about the quantity?
Youare using the comparative (greater<->greatest), and I think you should have used the supperlative... am I right?
Greatest "comes from" best, while biggest, from best.

If you don't know wheter a sentence is corrector not, try to write it different "we won't remember this post within a month.
And you have started the sentence with a continuous (I have thought) and then changed to present (write). I'm not sure where is the mistake, but you should look up the 0, 1st, 2nd & 3rd conditionals).

Wow, I've written a lot!I thought I 'd never write in english to some of my friends...Did you knowthat it was like a dream to me? I always liked English, and sometimes I realise that I use to think in english...For example, yesteray I started to descrive my thoughts about a song in english...I guess that the english lyrics induced me to continue speaking english mentally!

PD: If you wish to continue writing in english,you should serach a good online dictionary. Its easier and faster than the traditional one!

Elsa dijo...

I'll do it! I've search a english-spanish dictionary web, but I like find a english grammar dictionary too.
With "the greater part" I refered to "la mayoría", Would "the greatest part" be better than "the greater part"? I think so.

And... sorry Jordi, but I'm sure that film will be only in "independent" cinemas (jaja), like Verdi, Icaria or Renoir. Actually, I'm so sad because a Mark Ruffalo's film should be in cinemas one week ago, but there isn't in any cinema, en los Icaria tampoco**.

** Dios mío! Cómo se utilizaba el neither y el either! jajaja
Como me gusta escribir inglés.
Y SOLO SÉ, QUE NO SE NADA

Warman dijo...

EXAMPLES:

I like either ways: "Me gustan las dos vias"

I like neither of them: "No me gusta ninguna de ellas"

I think it's something like this...

ALBERT dijo...

You can use "the greater part" or "the larger part", but I think that you can use "most of the" too, for example:
"Most of the citizens have one car."
There's another form: "Most Andalusians travelled to South America in the 15th Century"

On the other hand, in the English Grammars use to compare "both" (ambos/los dos), "either" (uno de los dos/uno u otro), "neither" (ninguno de los dos/ni uno ni otro).

ALBERT dijo...

Vigila el español y el uso de adverbios, porque chirría: ¿Se utiliza normalmente muy frecuentemente el who, what, which?

En inglés no soy ninguna autoridad (Jordi o Litus saben mil veces más), pero en español no me gana nadie...

ALBERT dijo...

Hay escritores que reniegan de uso los adverbios, así que te propongo una frase idéntica pero con estructura categorial distinta: "¿Se suele utilizar con bastante frecuencia "who", "what" o "which"?"

¡Un beso, Elsie!

Elsa dijo...

>no debería haber puesto normalmente y frecuentemente, fue un error, lo tendré en cuenta par que no se me vuelva a escapar

Elsa dijo...

>no debería haber puesto normalmente y frecuentemente, fue un error, lo tendré en cuenta par que no se me vuelva a escapar

Warman dijo...

Elsa, repitiendo los posts cualquiera llega a los 8 comentarios!;)

Moody dijo...

I don't have anything to say about your English lessons, but I wanna talk about the film! I've just watched half of the trailer (trailers always explain too many things), and the movie looks so intereting! I'll go to the cinema for sure!

Elsa, I always love the movies you talk about!

Jejejeje! It's great you all write your posts in English, I like it :P